More than half of the utility bill of your home is comprised of heating and cooling costs. The HVAC system uses more energy than any other system. You would want your home to be very comfortable, perfectly warm during the winters and suitably cool during the summers. At the same time, you would also want to keep the energy costs in check. The best way to do this is to make sure that the HVAC system installed in your home is maintained & in fine working condition.
There are many wonderful advantages of having air conditioning and heating. Home air conditioningkeeps a home cooler during the summer months than fans. Using fans in a home sometimes just keeps the warm air circulating throughout a home. But with an air conditioner unit you do not have to worry about that problem. Home air conditioners will keep every room in a home nice and cool. Similarly, heating systems keep your home warm and comfortable for not only you, but your children and visitors to your home.
It is best to set home comfort systems at a set temperature this will keep the comfort level of a house consistent throughout the day and night. You do not want to constant change the temperature or turn the unit on and off, this can cause a huge change in your electric bill. Keeping it set on the same temperature will regulate the temperature and your bill.
How to Maintain Your HVAC System
Just as you do with your vehicles or other appliances, you must ensure periodic cleaning and servicing of your heating and air conditioning systems. Ideally, maintenance services must be performed on the system at least twice in a year. Consider these items that you can handle on your own to-do list:
- Clean your system. The outside unit must be cleaned to prevent the buildup of mold and mildew within the fins.
- Monitor your air filters. It is most important to clean the air filter on a monthly basis. Your system can have a permanent filter or a disposable one. With use, the filter gets clogged with debris, dust and pollutants, hampering the amount of air moved by the system. This reduces the efficiency of the system even as it increases the energy usage. While a dirty disposal filter can be replaced, the permanent filter should be cleaned thoroughly.
- Clean your vents. Cleaning the vents is another thing to be done. The buildup of dust and debris blocks the air from reaching your rooms and the indoor air quality suffers. The vents must be dusted or vacuumed every month to keep them free-flowing.
- Seal leaks. Make sure that all possible places of air leaks in the home are sealed. The attic is a key area for cooling or heat loss and you must see to it that it is properly insulated. The crawlspaces, basement and spaces around the windows and doors should also be checked.
- Stay up-to-date. If your home has an old HVAC system, you can think about getting it replaced with a new, more efficient, energy star rated system.
Timely repairs and regular maintenance services help you have an efficient HVAC system and enjoy a comfortable home. It is better if you don’t rely on DIY methods to handle the heating and air conditioning issues. You must hire the specialized services of a certified, trained and experienced HVAC professional. To find the leading HVAC companies in our area, you can search online and you’ll find our site among our competitors’. By contacting us, you will get all the information required to help you decide what your system needs this year.
Leave A Comment